PubMed Reference: Rerknimitr P, Suphankong Y, Panchaprateep R, et al. Lasers Surg Med. 2019 Mar 7.
- 14 subjects (8 males, 6 females; mean age 50±10.8 years) with facial acneiform eruptions due to EGFRis were enrolled. Subjects continued with EGFRi therapy during the study.
- A randomized side of the face was treated with 595nm-PDL (Vbeam Perfecta), while the contralateral side served as a control.
- Subjects received 4 treatments (at 2-week intervals): 10-mm spot size, 6-ms pulse width and fluence of 7 J/cm2 for Fitzpatrick skin type IV and 7.5 J/cm2 for skin type III.
- Treatment was assessed by erythema index (EI) measured by colorimeter, papulopustular lesion count and physician global assessment (PGA).
- In the laser-treated side, the mean EI decreased from a mean 23.5 at baseline to 16.3 at week 10.
- Statistically significant improvement was observed in the PDL arm after 4 weeks and onward.
- Mean lesion count decreased significantly from 58.07 at baseline to 15.9 at week 10.
- Higher patient satisfaction in the PDL arm.
- Side effects limited to mild erythema. No post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation observed.