PubMed Reference: Kim M, Kim J, Jeong SW, Jo H, Park HJ. Lasers Med Sci. 2018 Feb;33:393-397.
- 40 7-week old female BALB/c mice were injected intradermally twice a day for 2 days with LL-37 to induce rosacea-like clinical features
- 15 of the 40 mice were treated with LPND (GentleMax): 35 J/cm2, 50-ms pulse duration, and 10-mm spot size
- After 48 hours, the excised skin sample was stained with H&E and with Masson’s trichrome stain for collagen.
- LPND treatment significantly reduced erythema and telangiectasia
- LPND treatment increased dermal collagen production
- Levels of Type I collagen, TGF-β, and MMP-1 mRNA were significantly higher in LPND-treated mice than in untreated mice.