PubMed Reference: Su Q, Lin T, Wu Q, Wu Y, Guo L, Ge Y. J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2015 Feb.
- 50 patients with Mibelli angiokeratoma (cutaneous lesion of capillaries).
- Vbeam parameters: pulse duration of 10ms, spot size of 7 mm, energy fluency 12-13.5 J/cm2 with 10% overlapping pulses and DCD cooling.
- Up to 4 treatments repeated at intervals of 4-6 weeks until the lesion was cleared, or the patients discontinued the treatment.
- Investigator and subject assessment at ~3 months after treatment, using a 4-point scale: no change or mild improvement, 0 – 30%; moderate improvement, 30 – 60%; significant improvement, 60 –95% and fully recovered, 95 – 100%.
- 92% of lesions had at least moderate improvement to full clearance.
- 80% showed significant or full clearance.
- Most common skin effect was purpura and edema, which usually lasted for 12h to several days.
- Temporary pigment changes were not commonly seen after treatment. No scarring or skin atrophy was observed.