PubMed Reference: Kaminaka C, et al. J Dermatol. 2015 Apr 9.
- 23 Japanese patients with atrophic acne scars and mild to severe acne on both cheeks
- 5 fractional RF treatments at 1-month intervals
- Assessments of scar severity and the number of acne lesions and 3-D in vivo imaging analysis at 3 months after final treatment
- Improvement in scar volume was marked in patients with mild scars
- Moderate or > improvement in 56% of treated areas
- Significantly fewer lesions compared with baseline
- Patient assessment of treatment outcomes improved significantly
- Patient assessment of Quality of Life (QOL) improved significantly
- Significant reductions in sebum levels, skin roughness & scar depth.